All good things must come to an end. It’s that time again. That time when the last of us still left in Cannes pack our bags, grab a final dinner and drinks with friends, and head to the airport. We’ve reached the end of the 12 days of the Cannes Film Festival.
These are the moments that define our lives. The people we meet, the events we attend and choices we make, the films we see, the discussions we have, the outcome of all this intensely focused passion for film. What cinema has taught us is how invaluable connections are, and how important genuine relationships are to life.
Cannes is a place where everyone willing to fall in love with film. All because we love what we do, all because we love telling the world about films that move us, entertain us, frustrate us that leave us excited for the future of cinema. Nothing can compare to Cannes and the global experience it provides, the good days and even the bad. Hope it will help to inspire others to pursue their passions and love film the way all of us do.
Here’s the complete list of films at 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
• Young & Beautiful (dir. François Ozon)
• The Past (dir. Asghar Farhadi)
• The Congress (dir. Ari Folman)
• The Dance of Reality (dir. Alejandro Jodorowsky)
• Inside Llewyn Davis (dir. Coen Brothers)
• Ain’t Them Bodies Saints (dir. David Lowery)
• Jodorowsky’s Dune (dir. Frank Pavich)
• Behind the Candelabra (dir. Steven Soderbergh)
• Bastards (Les salauds) (dir. Claire Denis)
• Only God Forgives (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn)
• All is Lost (dir. J.C. Chandor)
• Like Father, Like Son (dir. Hirokazu Koreeda)
• Nebraska (dir. Alexander Payne)
• Blue is the Warmest Color (dir. Abdellatif Kechiche)
• Only Lovers Left Alive (dir. Jim Jarmusch)
The 66th Cannes Film Festival had Indian stars and celebrities shining! As this prestigious festival celebrated the 100 years of Indian cinema, the big wigs from Bollywood including Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Anurag Kashyap, Karan Johar and Zoya Akhtar were there to make India proud internationally. Not just their presence, but their work spoke volumes and that is why they deserved to be there. Although there were many other Indian celebrities that were also present, we have our own favorites.
Here’s a look at the top Indian celebrities presented this year.