There is no way we can start a conversation on the quintessential saree without mentioning Vidya Balan. Her designer saree collection is in every Indian woman’s ethnic style goals. How the Bollywood actress found her distinctive style, stuck by it and stunned us by carrying it effortlessly, amazed us in past years.
So when Vidya went all out for promoting her latest movie Begum Jaan in gorgeous sarees for each appearance, we couldn’t stop drooling over her saree collection. Statement jewelry, fabulous sarees, and no-fuss makeup are her style fortes. Here are the top five looks from Vidya’s recent Begum Jaan promotional appearances.
1. Recently when Vidya visited Kolkata for her film’s promotion, she was found wearing this simple yet classy blue handloom Anavila saree. While the classic kohl eyes, nude lips, and messy side braid complemented her look like always, the chunky silver neckpiece and nose pin stole the show.
2. When in Mumbai for an event, Vidya chose a red and white color block saree by Udd from her designer saree collection that will make you want to rearrange your ethnic wardrobe. With defined kohl-ed eyes, pink lips and side swept tresses in makeup and bold silver jewelry from Amrapali and Silver Streak, she rocked the saree look. Like her usual style, she chose a nose pin from Aadyaa to complete her look.
3. While speaking of Vidya’s saree style, it would be unfair not to mention Kanjeevaram sarees. Who else could look her classic best in a bright green and pink Kanjeevaram saree like Vidya? She chose Kundan jewelry from Amrapali to go with it. Like always she kept the makeup minimal yet classic, with a big bindi and long wavy untied tresses. So if you have a wedding invitation coming up and looking to shop for one, now you know what to look for in your store’s designer saree collection, right?
4. At another event, she was seen wearing a delicate brown saree from Anavila. She spiced up the look with another round of beautiful kohl-ed eyes, minimal makeup, and flowing wavy curls. Her jewelry, especially the nose pin from Inaayat again stole the show.
5. While we were drooling over Vidya’s ethnic designer saree collection and spectacular nose pins, she pulled up another stunning success with a cream hand painted saree by Picchika. The outfit was perfect classy meets casual. She opted for a pearl necklace by Amrapali and a gold watch by Jaipur Watch company to complete the look. And it couldn’t be done any better!