The Lehenga, as an attire, is quintessentially Indian and it is hard to find a Bollywood movie where the female protagonist does not wear one for a wedding sequence. Be it Kajol’s iconic gold lehenga as she runs behind the train in DDLJ in the last sequence, or Aishwarya’s iconic Rajasthani lehenga in Jodha-Akbar, there are sequences which are immortalized on screen. What is fascinating is that most actresses have also opted for this attire in their real- life wedding and they have all become fashion goals for the modern Indian bride. We bring you some best Bollywood brides in the lounge for you to draw inspiration for your big day.
- Karishma Kapoor: One of the best bridal lehegas till date is that of Lolo’s. She wore a pink Manish Malhotra design which had crystals all over. The color was bright and vibrant and the designer’s sales skyrocketed soon after the wedding. Everyone was in love with the pink and originals or replica, both flooded the market.
- Raveena Tandon: The ravishing Raveena looked resplendent on her wedding day as she chose to wear her mother’s lehenga bridal dress for her wedding. She had it reworked in places to get the seams right and had a new choli done by Sabyasachi, and the entire attire exuded old world charm and was all about grace and timelessness.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: Karishma Kapoor Khan technically had a registered marriage in Saif Ali Khan’s apartment which was a private affair and she wore a lovely red and green salwar for the occasion. However, later her official photos appeared and she proudly wore the gold lehenga-sharara of her famous mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore. The evergreen and beautiful Bengali beauty that has worn it at her wedding to Mansur Alie Khan Pataudi.
- Soha Ali Khan: It seems that everyone wants to be a Sabyasachi bride and Soha’s pale gold lehenga was simply to die for. She looked every bit the princess and her look was copied by almost every single subsequent bride. It was classy and surreal and it was hard to take one’s eyes off her.
- Anushka Sharma: The latest to join the rank of brides wearing lehenga on the wedding day is Anushka Sharma and her pink, floral Sabyasachi had taken the fashion world by storm. The motifs blended perfectly at the beautiful, daytime wedding with the picturesque Florence background. She indeed looked like a dream as she wedded the man of her dreams.
If you opt for Bollywood lehenga choli online shopping, try these designs. These sensational inspirations will surely turn heads on your wedding day.